Position: Operations Support Staff (PT 8-35 hours)
Reports to: Executive Director-Program Director-Administrative Assistant
Purpose of Position: To assist Administration with shelter operations, and provide supervision and care for the overnight guests at UCAN City Mission
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advocates for the mission of UCAN and upholds the agency's values.
• Ensure guests are complying with Mission rules, regulations, and responsibilities.
• Delivers services with safety, respect and effectiveness.
• Assess guest's needs and offer assistance in every manner practical.
• Monitors guest behavior. Follows all policies and procedures of the organization.
• Completes proper intake procedures, and reviews policy & guidelines with guest at time of entrance.
• Prepare rooms for guests. Facilitates sleeping arrangements and storage of personal items.
• Monitors and maintains shower and laundry schedules.
• Maintains order and assists in keeping all assigned areas clean and free of spills,
trash, and safety hazards.
• Checks daily activities and chores as assigned to guests.
• Perform daily meal and occupancy counts.
• Perform daily room checks.
• Prepare intake packages.
• Receive and put away donations on your shift.
• Assist in room cleanings and house laundry.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the executive director or program manager.
• Complete all activity logs and incident reports in a timely manner.
• Provide immediate and professional response to any security /safety emergency or
disturbance within or immediately outside facility.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
• Experience in the Human Services or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Be a Christian able to clearly communicate the Gospel as opportunities during the work day arise.
• Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Ability to work well on a team. Must work well under pressure.
• Excellent customer service skills. Able & willing to de-escalate people or situations, both verbally and physically.
• Committed to working with the homeless and disconnected population.
• Must be flexible. Ability to multi task.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
• Requires verbal and numerical intelligence.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Must possess a high degree of common sense and decision making skills.
• Must be empathetic and caring.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: Sitting, walking, lifting up to 20 pounds, reaching, carrying, speaking, listening
• Work environment: An environment of high stress and fast pace of crisis intervention. Protocol for safety and security is a priority. Use of phones, in person assistance, computer and other general office machinery.