WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT - TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The photographer is responsible for providing photographic services at the wedding and products after the wedding, referred to as coverage. The client wants to engage the services of the photographer for coverage of the wedding.
2. The photographer will take predominantly natural photographs, several short couple portrait sessions at the most suitable times and a small number of formal groups. The client will inform the photographer of any specifications ahead of the wedding day to avoid confusion.
3. Prior to or during the event, the Client may inform the photographer of subjects which they would like photographed, but the final content is at the discretion of the Photographer.
4. As per this agreement, the client will pay the photographer the total amount agreed by email, or noted above and detailed in the brochure. This includes any meetings agreed and proposed, Skype or FaceTime calls and the highres jpegs from the day on USB. A deposit of £400 is required to confirm this booking and the remaining balance is to be paid in full 2 weeks before the Wedding Day. Please note, the deposit is non-refundable.
5. Cancellation policy. If the wedding is cancelled for any reason, the following conditions will apply: If more than 8 calendar months notice is given, the client will NOT be liable to pay any additional costs (the deposit will be retained). If notice is given between 8 and 4 months, the client must pay 50% of the balance outstanding, but NOT including agreed albums. If less than 4 months notice is given, the client must pay the remaining balance in full, but NOT including any agreed albums.
6. A beautifully presented USB stick of high resolution images sent approximately 2-4 weeks after the wedding.
7. The photographer will maintain backup copies of the images in their archive for a minimum period of 2 years, however an online archive will exisit in an informal capacity for a greater period. Please do backup your images for peace of mind!
8. The photographer is professionally insured for providing wedding photography, by way of adequate Public Liabilty cover and Professional Indemnity cover.
9. If the photographer is unable to perform due to any cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the photographer’s illness or injury, then the photographer shall return the deposit and any balance paid to the client but shall have no further financial liability with respect to this agreement. It is the photographer’s responsibility to inform the client about the situation as early as possible, and the photographer will endeavour to provide details of and where possible help find an equally qualified replacement for the wedding.
10. If the photographer deems the journey to and/or from the wedding venues to be unsafe to travel due to adverse weather conditions, they shall return the deposit and all monies paid but shall have no further financial liability with respect to this agreement.
11. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that images are lost through equipment malfunction, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the photographer. In the event that the photographer fails to perform for any other reason, the photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the photographer’s fee. The photographer will take every step possible to ensure against technical failure, with duplicate memory card recording, multiple memory cards usage, back up kit and recording of images onto several hard drives whilst processing occurs.
12. The Photographer retains the copyright of the images and can use images for promotional purposes, unless otherwise agreed. You may print and share any of your wedding images with family and friends, but please do contact me for written email permission, before sharing images with businesses, suppliers or venues. The photographer has given an opportunity below to opt into, or out of, certain aspects of image sharing on popular Social Media platforms and other methods.
13. The Photographer makes the decision as to whether an image is supplied as a black and white image or a colour image. All images are shot RAW format, with colour information preserved and the originals kept as per clause 7 above. The photographer will discuss your preferences prior to the wedding so that they can be taken into consideration during editing, however an image that will only suit a black and white edit will be supplied as such.
14. Food on the day. I, the photographer, don't inisist on being fed, however I'm extremely grateful when I am! Having a hot meal is always welcome and definitely helps to maintain energy levels throughout a long day and evening, and certainly helps me focus on and take advantage of the evening opportunities, I'm happy to sit alone or at a table with guests to keep an eye on the action, but I'm happy with whatever works for you as a couple. What I will say is that it's good to know either way in advance so that I can plan for it. Thank you!
See more detailed information below in respect of image usage.
Please be aware that Paul Fletcher Photography uses wedding images for promotion. The most important method is a post on my blog, which is written with you and your guests in mind, but also serves to attract additional weddings at your venue. First names are used, but no surnames, however I'm happy to discuss requirements in very sensitive circumstances. Another important method is social media, of which my Facebook Page and Instagram feed are the most popular. I do post a link to each wedding blog post on my Facebook page. Soon after the wedding I choose several wedding images to quickly share on my Facebook page, however I only use first names once again and I do give the couple the choice to opt out of this. Occasionally I supply images for magazine articles, wedding blogs or and to wedding venues, however only with your approval. Please see the options below and mark them accordingly. Thank you!