In consideration of receiving services from I Do Mediation:
1. I agree to enter into this mediation in good faith. Good faith means I will share relevant information, listen carefully, negotiate willingly and keep any agreements made during mediation.
2. If this mediation involves participation in multiple sessions, I agree that the terms of this agreement will apply to each session.
3. I understand that mediation is a voluntary process and that I may stop the process at any time.
4. I understand that agreements made during mediation must be voluntary and mutually acceptable.
5. I understand that the mediator(s) will act as an impartial facilitator who will direct the mediation process.
6. I understand that mediation is NOT legal representation and that the mediator(s) will not represent or advocate for me or any other party; will not act as a judge or arbitrator; and will not provide legal advice.
7. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to get any legal advice I believe I need from a licensed source and that I am encouraged to seek legal advice at any time.
8. I understand that all mediation communications will be conﬁdential, unless agreed otherwise, and that mediation communications cannot be used as evidence in a later legal proceeding, excepting: the agreement to mediate and any written settlement agreed to by the parties.
9. I understand threats to inﬂict bodily injury or commit crimes of violence; admissions of abuse or neglect of a child, adult, or disabled person during mediation are not protected by this agreement and may be reported to the proper authority.
10. I agree to refrain from derogatory or inflammatory language, and behavior during the mediation.
11. I agree not to subpoena the mediator(s) to testify or to produce records, documents, or notes in any future legal proceedings.
12. I agree not to record the mediation session(s) in any manner, and understand that recording a party without their permission may be a crime.
13. I understand that breaking this agreement may cause I Do Mediation to halt the mediation process.
14. Finally, I agree to hold I Do Mediation and its representatives harmless from any difﬁculties that might arise from the mediation sessions or a resulting agreement.