Application for Admission to NOMA Gallery
NOMA gallery is a co-op fine art gallery which showcases contemporary and traditional art in a variety of mediums, including painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, fiber arts, mixed media, glass & jewelry. We currently represent artists exhibiting in solo, duo and group shows. The mission of the gallery is to promote excellence in the visual arts in many different disciplines. NOMA represents artists, not only from Frederick, but from all over the region.
This application includes:
- Description of the Benefits and Responsibilities
- Application review guidelines
- Application Form
After completing the Application: Submit this application with all required information filled in, and any required files attached.
If you find you can not attach all information as required in this form, email or regular mail are accepted.
Email to NOMA Gmail: email@example.com with "Membership Inquiry" in the subject line.
Or fill out the application and mail to:
437 Market Street
Frederick, MD 21701
C/O Membership Committee
You will be notified when we receive your documents and if further information is needed. Applications are reviewed regularly by an admissions panel and you may be asked to present to some or all of the membership before a decision is made.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of "Membership application questions." We will get back to you by email or phone.
We look forward to seeing your work.
NOMA GALLERY DEFINITION OF MEMBERSHIPS
- A duo show every 13-20 months or a solo show every 2-3 years.
- Group shows 1-2 times per year.
- 1-2 pieces of artwork shown monthly.
- Gallery commission on artwork sales is 20%
- Gallery Website listing with 8 images, artist's bio or statement and a link to your personal website.
- Individual Notebook portfolio in the gallery and display of business cards.
- Some publicity provided monthly through press, email blasts, website and Facebook.
- Pay dues in a timely fashion. The $45 monthly dues are paid directly to Fredericktown Realty
- Gallery sitting. Members are required to sit in the gallery 10 x yearly. Sit times are Friday 4-8pm, Saturday 12-4pm, Saturday 4-8pm, & Sunday 12-4pm.
- Attend meetings. We meet quarterly. Meetings are held on the last Sunday of a show, 4-6:00 pm, of designated month.
- Participate in gallery activities by serving on at least one committee, attending openings, and contributing to marketing efforts by posting on social media, distributing cards for group shows and more.
- Promoting your featured show, to reach out to the broader artistic community via email, postcards, Facebook, etc.
- Some Committees: website, publicity, show committee, membership, newsletter, gallery sitting coordinator, finance.
NOMA GALLERY MEMBER APPLICANT REVIEW GUIDELINES
All work must be the artist’s original in design and concept. (Please do not include work done in class, workshop or under supervision.)
It should be noted that as a co-op gallery, the members vote on all applications. A two-thirds (⅔) favorable majority is required for acceptance.
In reviewing the artist’s application the members may use (but are not limited to) the following guidelines.
- Craftsmanship, execution, control and understanding of medium.
- Originality and Uniqueness.
- Professional display, presentation of work.
- Concept of Design and Color.
- Public appeal.
- The work benefits, fits or diversifies our group.
- The applicant has a strong social network through (but not limited to): Web presence, social media, mailing lists and/or social/professional contacts
- The applicant has abilities or skills to offer that benefit the business operations of running of a gallery.