Thank you for your interest in performing at CARIFESTA XIV. CARIFESTA, the Caribbean Festival of Arts, will be hosted by Trinidad & Tobago, August 16-25, 2019, and is the region’s premier multi-disciplinary Arts and Culture festival. The 10-day festival aims to celebrate the spirit, culture and heritage of the Caribbean people through the expressions of Music, Visual Art, Food, Literature, Folklore, Theatre and Dance.
Please review the following rules and regulations regarding the CARIFESTA XIV Talent Search:
1. All forms of talent are welcomed, including but NOT limited to the following expressions of Arts & Culture: Music (vocal), Music (instrument), Dance/Movement, Spoken Word/Poetry and Theatre.
2. Acts will be allotted no more than THREE (3) MINUTES to perform. Acts will be PENALIZED if time is exceeded.
3. Group acts are allowed a maximum of 6 members.
4. Successful acts selected to perform during CARIFESTA XIV will be contacted by the CARIFESTA Secretariat within 6 weeks of your Talent Search performance. All decisions made by the judges will be final.
5. NO profanity or vulgar lyrics are allowed in any vocal performance or dance music.
6. NO nudity allowed! Attire must be tasteful. NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements or inferences are to be displayed on clothing.
7. NO pyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions can be included in your performance.
8. All acts that require music must submit tracks by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7, 2019. You must also bring along a copy of your track on a flash drive on your audition day. No cell phone audio is allowed.
9. Microphone(s) and the aid of a Sound Technician will be provided. YOU must provide your own CD music, taped music, instruments, props, keyboard etc., if needed. ONLY basic band instruments will be allowed.